The answer to this question depends on a few different factors. The type of business in the building, the environment around the building, how much foot traffic the building receives and whether people are allowed to smoke inside the building all contribute to the condition of a skyscraper's windows.
If a building is a clean, nonsmoking office environment and stands on a clean side street, it likely needs its windows cleaned less frequently. If the building is home to industrial work or a medical facility, sees a lot of foot traffic, is located on a busy street or near a substantial body of water, or must contend with smog or frequent avian visitors, the windows will need attention more often.
- Complete interior and exterior glass cleaning for high rises, commercial properties, educational facilities, churches, hospitals, colleges and more. We are unique in our ability to take on the toughest jobs. It's not uncommon for other commercial cleaners to subcontract the work that they're unable to do safely out to us. Save the time and go straight to the experts first.
- High atrium and skylight cleaning for most architecturally complex buildings. A thorough cleaning will showcase the exterior of any property in its best possible light. Buildings with unique architectural features often require dedicated care and, sometimes, specialized equipment. FinishingTouchesCleaning has the team and the tools to get the job done properly.
- Post-construction cleaning follows any major repair or restoration project. Commercial window cleaning is often a big job that requires a lot of time, tools, and equipment. Big jobs mean big debris — cleaning up quickly is the first step in making a property usable again. It's also important for safety and liability reasons. In addition to commercial window cleaning, we can provide comprehensive exterior cleanups and other related services.
- Scheduled maintenance and cleaning. A small investment in regular maintenance helps avoid the need for more costly and time-consuming interventions later. We can assess your property and put together a cleaning schedule that makes sense for your budget.
- Glass restoration and scratch removal. A scratch in a window glass is an annoying flaw that can potentially lead to more damage later. For some small scratches and minor damage, we can attempt a removal that will save you the cost of replacement. Get in touch for more information. Usually, this service is contracted by another vendor that specializes in this field.
- Hard water stain removal. Unsightly hard water stains can make your building seem dirty and create an unprofessional look for your business. Hard water stains often occur when a window isn't cleaned properly. Trust the FinishingTouchesCleaning team to get rid of any stains and prevent them from recurring.
When you work with our team, we’ll bring our years of technical expertise to any commercial window cleaning project you have. The first step is to request a quote from our team of industry experts. We’ll assess your project’s requirements and develop a detailed timeline that provides you with a thorough accounting of all services and their associated costs.
Temperature plays a huge role in the effectiveness of the window cleaning process. Depending on your climate and location, certain times of the year are better than others.
- Hot weather cleaning: Window cleaning rarely works well in excessive heat because the cleaning solutions evaporate quickly on the glass. The same applies when the sun is directly overhead. During warmer seasons, start the process in the early morning hours to avoid the heat. Filtered water is sometimes used.
- Cold weather cleaning: It's essential to consider the safety of the person cleaning the windows in the extreme cold. If cold-weather cleaning is necessary, workers must use car-washing fluid or a similar nonfreezing solution. Like cleaning windows in warm weather, it's best to avoid cleaning when the sun is at its peak.
Property owners in variable climates sometimes prefer to clean their windows in late spring after the worst weather has passed. While frequent showers are common at that time of year, clean rain generally will not make your windows dirty. Additionally, it's always helpful to plan around highly windy days.
If not performed with accuracy and precision, pressure washing can sometimes cause significant damage to your property's windows. The harm occurs mainly from a person's inexperience in handling the equipment and mistakes such as these:
- Incorrect distance: Besides the dangers of splash back, spraying too closely can cause a window to break and the seals to crack.
- Too much pressure: While most cleaning systems use pressure near 1500 PSI, others exceed 3000 PSI. Using more than 2000 PSI can cause damage, depending on the distance and angles you use.
- Inappropriate spray patterns: By aiming the nozzle on a concentrated area without even distribution, the pressure can weaken the spot and potentially cause a break.
- Improper spraying angle: For best results, aim the stream at your window using a 45-degree angle. Hitting the window head-on puts too much pressure on the glass.
If you lack the proper tools or experience to clean your windows, the best practice to avoid any damage is to contact a reputable commercial window cleaning company. At FinishingTouchesCleaning, we use the highest quality cleaners and the right equipment to ensure the job gets done correctly.
Several reasons to clean your windows regularly include:
- Cleaning prevents glass degradation: Dirt particles can cause long-term damage to your windows by entering through the pores and generating contamination and corrosion. Excessive damage from dirt can lead to the need for replacement. Regular cleanings ensure longevity.
- Cleaning increases curb appeal: Window cleaning can help maintain your building or home’s peak value when combined with regular exterior cleaning. A crystal-clear cleaning provides an added like-new sparkle. Additionally, clean windows create satisfying comfort levels for everyone inside your building.
- Cleaning improves air quality: Besides causing contamination and corrosion, dirt can also lead to mold. If mold penetrates your windows' seals, it can produce allergens and cause rashes, runny noses, sneezing and red eyes.
Rappelling is a skill that needs to be taken seriously whether for fun or business. A person skilled in this type of ability understands how to tie knots, secure tie off points and is very capable of scaling the most difficult structures and mountain sides.
As for rappelling to clean windows, the techniques used are only for the most highly skilled individuals who have trained and comprehend what measures need to be taken in order to stay safe and work effectively.